LX2-HPA - Overview
Musical Fidelity has extensive experience making super headphone amps, the LX2-HPA builds on our decades of experience to deliver a great performer with?beautiful, restrained and tasteful aesthetics.
A headphone amplifier is like a small power amp, relative to the load (the headphones) the technical requirements are similar: Excellent load tolerance, high stability margins, low distortion, wide bandwidth, low noise, excellent channel separation.
- The LX2-HPA will easily drive any commercially produced headphone. It's high current delivery and excellent stability margins result in completely uncoloured neutral performance.
- Distortion at less than 0.0035%, wide band is vanishingly low and certainly inaudible.
- Bandwidth extends to about 80kHz and even at 40kHz the distortion remains well below 0.05%. A remarkable achievement.
- The outstanding noise ratio of better than 112dB means that the music comes from a true 'black velvet' background field.
- Stereo separation is excellent and assures a rock solid imaging experience. Talk about 'adventures in inner space!
The LX2-HPA gives a sensual monitor level listening experience. Completely uncoloured sound delivered with virtually limitless dynamic range from a black velvet background, and perfectly placed spatial imagery.